Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Decisions, decisions.

When I heard about the job in Boulder, I thought for sure I was going to take it. But once I was actually faced with the decision, I discovered it was a very difficult one. In fact, I would rank making this decision among the more painful experiences I've had in my life so far. I wrestled with it over the same two week period in which I turned 30, so I was already emotionally volatile. But even still, I think it's safe to say that I was crying a lot. I cried in the car. I cried in the airport. I cried myself to sleep Christmas night. I wondered if my body was telling me I shouldn't make this move. I mean, if this was the right job, why was I leaking so much?

But in the end, despite the tears, I realized it was time. Time for a big change, a new life, a new me. Once I made the decision, I knew it was the right one. I will be trading skyscrapers for--well, sky. Attitude for laidbackitude. Subways for Subarus.

Claustrophobia for agoraphobia? Perhaps. But something tells me it's going to be worth it. Stay tuned to this site, friends, and you'll find out right along with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home