Sunday, February 12, 2006

Good news, bad news from Colorado

The good news is this: I have arrived in Colorado to sunny bright blue skies, white snow-capped peaks, and a cute little interim rooming situation in a historic Victorian on 7th and Arapahoe.

The bad news is this: G.Bro, famed husband of the Go-Bro duo referred to in posts past, had a terrible skiing accident on Tuesday. I didn't want to write anything here until I saw him with my own eyes, which I did yesterday and will do again shortly. He and J.Go were skiing with friends at Breckenridge, where a tree apparently had it out for him. He broke his left leg in a very painful way, had some internal injuries, and had to be helicoptered to Denver where he was put into surgery immediately. He's been at St. Anthony's hospital ever since. He's scheduled for another surgery on Tuesday.

He's going to be FINE, though--never fear. Yesterday when I saw him he was cracking bad jokes like always. The doctors knew he'd be okay when, upon hearing that he'd had his appendix removed while he'd been under, he asked if they'd replaced it with a table of contents.

You can write him and/or send him very manly floral arrangements to:

[Ask me if you don't know his real name and want to write him.]
Room 433
St. Anthony's Hospital
4231 West 16th Avenue
Denver, CO 80204

Off to the hospital again, and will send a new dispatch as soon as I can get to a computer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guitar Girl,

Sheesh, when were you going to tell me about your new blog? Some people move to Boulder and forget who their friends are...

Having said that ... Best of luck!!

-RB

3:41 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hey Rosabarbara! I swear, you were on my distro list. I think I had an old address for you...? Please email me your newest, most appropriate address so I can right this wrong. So sorry, mon ami.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home