Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's Official: I Miss the Subway

May 16, 2006


AAA Car Dealership
296 Walnut Street
Boulder, CO 80302

To Whom It May Concern:

I am the owner of the 2006 Silver Subaru Forester with license plates 956-KLZ, which was left in your lot tonight by my neighbor [Veggie Boy] (also an AAA customer). I am leaving to go out of town early tomorrow morning, so [Veg] offered to be my contact person here in town while I’m gone.

The reason I’m bringing the car in is that I believe there is a bird caught up under the passenger side dashboard. I know this sounds strange! But I left my sunroof open today and on my way to work I heard it chirping under there. By the time I got home, all of the automotive stores were closed.

I managed to get one mechanic to take a look, and he agreed that there was indeed a bird up there—but he was closing the store and couldn’t service the car. What he suggested was that the plastic cover of the dash would need to be removed in order to free the bird.

Based on [Veggie's] recommendation, I am putting my car into your hands for this matter! The bird may not be chirping by the time you get this letter, but I would still ask you to remove the dash and take a look, because the bird may well be dead in there. And after a week in my hot car, it’s not going to smell too good by the time I get home.

Please note that this car is still under warranty, so I ask that you not perform any additional work on the car. Please just free the bird. :)

I will be on a plane from 8:15am until 12:15pm on Wednesday. After that I will be reachable on my cell, 917-757-****. Please call me with any questions! You may also call [Veggie] at 303-817-**** if you need anything, and/or when the work is complete.
Thank you!

Sincerely,
[Go Go Guitar Girl]


*Identifying details have been changed to protect the innocent.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no that sucks!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home